Re: Pop up ads - after Oreo update, or apps?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, SusanL0710. The Mobile Services app is typically listed under the System Apps. I want to ensure we're on the same page. Could you please tell us a bit more about why you wanted to access the Mobile Services app? Do the pop ups continue when you place your device in Safe Mode? To find out how to place your device in Safe Mode, please feel free to visit the link below.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SusanL0710
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, they still pop up first thing in the morning after sitting all night, I have done everything in all of these threads, Verizon needs to send a fix to the last update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SusanL0710, 

We appreciate you working through this with us. You did mention that the pop-ups still came through in the morning. Was the device in Safe Mode all night? Did you try one of the third part applications mentioned previously in this thread?

Jenelle_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SusanL0710
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have tried everything

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate everything that you have tried. What we would recommend at this point is to reset your device. This will erase all information and restore the device back to the original settings. Before doing this, please ensure that your information is backed up via Google or Verizon Cloud. Once your information is secure, you can follow reset instructions via the following link: http://spr.ly/6586DxUuC

Alberto_VZW

0 Likes
PETFAM188

I have had this problem since updating to Oreo on Nov 1. After reading a previous post, I disabled Mobile Services Manager, and removed the app "Klondike Solitaire" of which I didn't download. This seems to have stopped the pop ups for now.

My question now is: Why is Verizon turning on unauthorized downloads to my phone. I did not download or install Klondike Solitaire, but it was on my phone after the Oreo update. I would like an explanation for that.

0 Likes
tracyb_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'm glad the pop-ups stopped, PETFAM188. We never want to make changes to your phone without your authorization, so I'd like to look into this further. What is the make/model of your phone?

TracyB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This
ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Goofy814

Hello,

I opted out of ads, and got a pop up literary 2 minutes later!!

0 Likes
Eddiecraz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on guys... There is NO WAY a company the size of Verizon doesn't know what's causing this !  It's ridiculous and infuriating that Verizon would take my hard earned money and turn my phone into a mobile billboard. I'm a 30 year customer and I absolutely hate my new S9 because of this. What's the chance you will post this or fix it ? I'd say NONE !