Re: Pop up ads - after Oreo update, or apps?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Wow thanks for letting us know about the name change I didn't realize that is what they did.When I went into the phone to check this it was already disabled. It did have that little symbol for D Ignite though and I had already disabled it. I am sure on some phones that did disable it it is running again. Thanks for the heads up on this app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want each interaction with your phone to be a pleasant one, ALLFLO34. I want to uncover a solution to this with you. Please tell me more about the ads that you are receiving. Have you configured your Google Ad settings? You can configure by going to the settings app, tap "Google", tap on "Opt out of Ads Personalization" to turn them off (White). Let us know if that solves the issue. 

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALLFLO34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi! I've done all the suggestions listed on the forum including opting out

of the Google Ads personalization but they still pop up. They just pop up

randomly for example when I unlock my phone, open my email, or open any app

for that matter. They started showing up as soon as I downloaded the new

upgrade to my Galaxy S7 Edge on June 16, 2018 at 11:08 pm ET. The

pop-ups are getting very, very annoying!!

Allyson M.

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I was having problems with popups when I would just check the radar on the weather app that came with the phone. It is a S7 edge. What I did was download norton mobile security and have not had any trouble with pop ups anymore. It told me which app was doing what and would warn me which apps were running in the background. I had the security app from verizon that came with my phone but it did nothing to help with the pop ups.

0 Likes
ALLFLO34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I'll try anything at this point, it's driving me nuts!!

Allyson M.

​Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know I was going nuts with the pop ups and I thought I might have a virus on the phone and it did stop it.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

chrome with adblock plus

SusanL0710
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried everything, deleting everything in Google, where is mobile services app, I can't find it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want to make sure that you can get to the bottom of what’s causing the pop up ads, SusanL0710.  The app that you are looking for would be under Settings > Apps > tap the 3 dots and select Show System Apps.  Also with regard to the Google settings, you would want to go to Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of Ad Personalization.  Please let us know if this helps.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SusanL0710
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not see mobile services app, I have opted out of everything in Google and logged out, and deleted recent apps, I still get some sort of different ad every morning, my Samsung tablet is logged into Google and I never get ads, I'm sure it's the update from the last phone update, any other suggestions, still get ads.