Poor reception inside and outside of my house?
mwhitehead

I had an iphone and at my upgrade date several months ago switched to the Galaxy III because I was so tired of my glass screen breaking.

I have one bar or no bars 95% of the time, and poor or no reception. I can be inside my house or outside my house and drop calls or have text messages fail to send. When I am on the phone, reception is, again, spotty and voices cut in and out.

My friends and family report that they frequently call me and I don't answer (even though I have my phone near me all the time). Sometimes I have voicemails left when I haven't even missed a call from the person who left the voicemail.

I can have another family member call my phone, while it is sitting next to me and have it ring for them until it goes to voicemail but not make a sound out loud.

All of these things have become such an issue with me missing calls and messages, that I have had to purchase one of those cheap Tracphones from Walmart so that I can receive and make calls while I am at home. The Tracphone has NO reception issues whatsoever. Voices are loud and clear and I can be anywhere inside or outside and not drop calls.

I HAVE called Verizon and they walked me through a few troubleshooting steps (turn it off, take the battery out, stand outside, then turn it back on, etc) but no luck. They said that I will need to purchase a signal extender if I want my phone to work at my house.

I'm frustrated that I pay a large bill for a service that doesn't hardly work at all for me when I need it. Are there any other avenues I can pursue without having to buy a 200 dollar signal extender?

0 Likes
Re: Poor reception inside and outside of my house?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that service issues at home are frustrating mwhitehead. I'm sorry to hear you miss calls and voicemails from friends and family. Did we file a trouble-ticket for your issue? How is service when you step outside your home? Although, we can not guarantee service inside of  your home or buildings we want to ensure service outside of your home & in other areas are working properly. Whats your zipcode and I think the network extender is a great option to help with inside service. Take a look hear http://vz.to/IHRT6h .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes