Poor Video in MMS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
NOTETB

Why is it that the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge send such poor quality videos?  Doesn't matter if it's over wifi or network.  Noticed other people on other networks (T-Mobile) had the same problem and their network fixed it.  Kind of stinks to have a high quality phone to use it like a basic phone.  Very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Re: Poor Video in MMS on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use my video function a lot so I understand wanting to make sure you have the best quality possible. We're sorry to see that this is a known problem across other carriers. Let's see how we can help. Describe what you mean by poor quality videos. Please confirm the software version under Settings, About Device, and list the build number.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless LIMITS the size of your MMS.  Both the stock messaging app and I believe the Verizon Message+ app. Therefor video quality and even picture quality will be way less than what you see on your phone. 

There is a workaround to this though, search up different messaging apps in the Google Play store. I've found a few that will let you send whichever size you prefer.  And even then a full HD video (50MB+) may not work so well on the other end, tends to be choppy, but video quality was good.

Keep in mind, this will probably work towards your monthly data limits, so be careful with what you send.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS messages in itself has a file limit across all of the carriers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes