Please remove the trial Visual voice mail and restore the basic voice mail functionality.
Kilroy_FL

Please remove the trial Visual voice mail and restore the basic voice mail functionality.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please remove the trial Visual voice mail and restore the basic voice mail functionality.
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

To Disable Visual Voice Mail

Sign in to your My Verizon online account. On left side of page find the drop down menu.

Click to open menu, then go to change features and locate Basic Visual Voice mail.

Locate the button Basic Visual Voice Mail and click the Red Remove Box.

Scroll down until you see the listing: Basic Voice Mail, Visual Voice Mail etc. and click the Red Add box by Basic Voice Mail to add on this service.

When you're done making changes click next at the bottom of the screen and then ok.

Go into your device and set up your required Basic voice mail program. You may continue to receive an  error  message “new voice mail update" for a period of time”.   Hope this helps, GalaxyClass

View solution in original post

Re: Please remove the trial Visual voice mail and restore the basic voice mail functionality.
Snn5
Legend

Are you unable to go to My Verizon and remove the feature from your account via Manage Apps and Features from the left hand menu?

0 Likes
Kilroy_FL

No, I can select it. I signed up for the free trial. Once over, it no longer does the voice-to-text display. I have to select the message and hit play. I want to go back to when I have voice mail notification, I just select it from the drop-down display and it dials *86. Basic voice mail...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You should have free basic visual vm as an option as well, nonetheless, if you remove the feature from your line you will revert to the old *86 method.

Kilroy_FL

Since it does not show that I have even the basic visual voice mail, I cannot remove it!!! Just like I said before...I can select to add either Basic or Premium Visual Voice Mail...but there is no  Visual Voice Mail of any flavor in my current applications to remove.

I can probably call Verizon but I will probably sit on hold for an hour. I was hoping they would see this post and take care of it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

GalaxyClass Aren't you running an S5?  Is this voice mail feature accessible from within the settings menu as a part of the 5.0 update?  What was the case before the 5.0?  I know I cannot remove it from my line on My Verizon and must do so from within the phone, but that is because Advanced Calling changed everything as far as that goes on my phone.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

To Disable Visual Voice Mail

Sign in to your My Verizon online account. On left side of page find the drop down menu.

Click to open menu, then go to change features and locate Basic Visual Voice mail.

Locate the button Basic Visual Voice Mail and click the Red Remove Box.

Scroll down until you see the listing: Basic Voice Mail, Visual Voice Mail etc. and click the Red Add box by Basic Voice Mail to add on this service.

When you're done making changes click next at the bottom of the screen and then ok.

Go into your device and set up your required Basic voice mail program. You may continue to receive an  error  message “new voice mail update" for a period of time”.   Hope this helps, GalaxyClass