Pie update S9 causing system crashes
BuffaloBob49

Since updating my S9 to PIE, my phone experiences several freeze issues that require system restarts to clear.  The system also crashes overnight and requires a reboot each morning.  Can I uninstall PIE and reinstall.  Are there fixes avaliable?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pie update S9 causing system crashes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BuffaloBob49 wrote:

Since updating my S9 to PIE, my phone experiences several freeze issues that require system restarts to clear.  The system also crashes overnight and requires a reboot each morning.  Can I uninstall PIE and reinstall.  Are there fixes avaliable?

No, you can't uninstall the Andoid Pie OS.  You can try a system cache clear through the recovery menu to remove any old code fragments that might be interfering with the new system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Pie update S9 causing system crashes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having issues with the new update to your S9, and we would like to help you get your device working properly so you can use it with no issue, BuffaloBob49. Does the device freeze when using certain apps? Have there been any other changes to the device?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes