Pictures to big for mms
odogmtz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been an iPhone user since they came out and switched to the S4 last week.  So far I'm doing ok with it but I have one problem that is making me regret my decision.  I was trying to send to pics and I kept getting a message saying the picture file I was sending was too big.  It was one picture!!  It doesn't happen and I'm taking all my pics the same.  Not adding any filters or nothings, they are straight from the camera.  How can this phone not autosize to allow mms. 

What should my settings be so that this doesn't happen?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pictures to big for mms
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi odogmtz,

Thanks for the additional information! Let's get those pictures to a sharing friendly size and test. Tap your camera icon, then tap the settings menu (you may need to tap twice to see photo size option), tap photo size and select the smallest one available. Take a picture and send. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Sunday odogmtz,

First, I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention via the forum. I must admit, this topic has came up quite a few times. The reason for the message is because the s4 has an amazing 13MP camera, of which can't be found on most wireless devices. May I ask what type of picture did you take? For example, panoramic photos may get this issue when sending. Also, if you are using graphics or a 3rd party app then you can run into this error. As you share the details of how and where you are sending the mms to then we can look into this deeper for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
odogmtz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was trying to send a simple picture of my kids.  No panoramic photo or 3rd party app.  It was a simple picture that I took on the camera.  This is why it caught me off guard.  I would understand if I was using filters or adding borders that the pick might get to big but nope that hasn't been the case.  This has happened on about 5 different occations since I got my phone last week. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi odogmtz,

Thanks for the additional information! Let's get those pictures to a sharing friendly size and test. Tap your camera icon, then tap the settings menu (you may need to tap twice to see photo size option), tap photo size and select the smallest one available. Take a picture and send. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes