Picture messages wont open
gahanmom

I have a new Galaxy S III and I received a picture text message but I can't get the picture to open.  It says it is downloading but it doesn't open up.  Any idea why?  Do I need to download an app to view picture messages with?

0 Likes
Re: Picture messages wont open
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What type of network are you connected to? If you are only connected to a WiFi network then the text message attachment won't download until you are connected to the Verizon Wireless data connection (3G or 4G).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gahanmom! Lets get that important picture message to open for you! Have you been able to receive other picture messages from this person? Can you send picture messages like normal? I would recommend ensuring you are connected to our network, then power your phone off and on and reopen the message. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zepgurl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same  problem, plus more.  Everything worked fine until November.  Now I can't download pictures and am not getting email.  I'm getting really ticked.

0 Likes
bach62

I am having the same problem, after they up dated my phone, what do I do to fix this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We'll be happy to help bach62. Are you receiving any error when trying to open pictures? Try sending yourself a picture and see if it sends and receives.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes