Phones acting up
redfoxtjg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else experience this problem where two of the same phones in the same household and on the same plan started acting up.  Both my husband and I got an Edge S7 in October 2016, and have had no problems with them until recently.  My husband's camera started acting up and now it doesn't work at all. Mine is having problems with the touch screen and not letting me do anything and I would have to restart the phone.  Now when I restart, it actually acts like it's thinking but will eventually start back up.  I have been on the phone with tech regarding the husband's phone and it looks like we are going to have to do an factory reset.  Meanwhile I took mine into a Verizon store, and after looking/checking things out, they recommended an factory reset for my phone.  Really, I have to do this with both of my phones?

0 Likes
Re: Phones acting up
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you have smart switch I would do a complete backup to both phones. Before you do the factory reset go to recovery mode--- Volume up -power- home and clear the cache partition first. Sometimes just doing this especially if you have never done it since you got the phone could help with a lot of the problems you are having. There are files that are left on the phone after updates that could be in conflict with new settings after updates. I would try this first since it will not affect any of the phones setting that you have. It is always a good idea to back your phone up every once in a while especially before a system update. I updated a app that I had and did not like the app after it updated. I was lucky that I made a full backup and was able to just replace that app from my backup to the old one.

redfoxtjg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already done that to my husband's phone with no results and my phone wouldn't even go there.  It gives me the power off/restart/emergency mode screen every time.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What happens if you go into the emergency mode? I know how you feel about the factory reset option I hate when I have to use that option. Hopefully someone will come on here that is having the same problem that you are having and tell us how they got it fixed.Will either phone start up?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have devices that work they way that they should. It sounds like your devices are falling victim to wear and tear, but we are always here to help in any way that we can. We are very limited to what we can do here have you reached out to us on social media? Do you have a Twitter or Facebook account? This would allow us to go over your options and see if the devices are still in warranty. You said this started recently with both phones, when would you say it started? Is there and physical/water damage to either device? Did you do the recommended factory reset?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

redfoxtjg, we always want to ensure that your phones are working as designed. You deserve a phone that you can count on. We know that the factory reset is always the least favorite option and that's why we always recommend it as the last resort. Let's review what's going on and see if there's anything else that can help. 

In order for us to provide the best support, we'd like to gain a better understanding of the exact issue. Can you please describe exactly what happens when your husband tries to use the camera? When was the last time that he was able to use the camera successfully? Were there any changes made, including but not limited to software updates, application updates, or new application downloads, since then?

Also, can you tell us more about the touch screen problems that you've come across? Is the entire touch screen not working or is it certain locations? Is this problem consistent or is it resolved after restarting your phone? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the device at all? 

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Verizonbad

I have a Samsung SMJ337V.   It's the third Samsung I've owned.   The first from Verizon.   I wish I would have never left Straight Talk.  Thought having hotspot would be great.  I'm not sure if it's the phone, Verizon. or something else, but something isn't right.  Since day one my phone has been saying I'm just outside of Oklahoma City.   I live in Arkansas.   Neither me nor my phone has been west of Tulsa.

Now my phone locks up when it rains.

All my passwords have disappeared. 

I had several contacts vanish.  Surprisingly the were of people I called quite often.   The contacts I use once or twice a year were fine.

Customer service has been a joke,  just not a funny one.

Really ready to chunk this plastic paperweight in the trash and ga back to writing letters.

Really wished I could go back to straight talk and for get verizon.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Since straight talk uses the same network for service, it’s obviously time to invest in a better phone, regardless of which carrier you choose 

0 Likes