Phone won't text or call one person
verersatz

I have this weird problem where I can send texts to or call a friend of mine but she never receives it. On my end, texts show up as sent and when I call, I hear it ringing and then eventually voicemail.

This happened to me once before with a different friend. Both of them use iPhones but I can also contact other people with iPhones without any issues.

Another weird part of this problem is that if I send a group text including that friend, she will receive the text, just not any individual texts only to her. I can receive texts and calls from her with no problem.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't text or call one person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

veresatz, we want to ensure your friend can receive all of your texts from you. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. It does make sense that the user can receive your group texts and not your individual texts since group texts work over data and therefore are considered to be MMS messages just like picture messages. iPhone users have their own message platform called iMessage which allows them to receive texts from other iPhone users over the cellular data or wifi network. They must enable regular SMS texts under their Settings>Messages if they want to receive regular text messages that do not transmit over a data signal from non-iPhone users. I'd definitely have your friend check to ensure that setting is enable. Regular text (not over data) show up in green on iPhone devices. While iMessages over data transmit in blue. All is working well from your phone however as the message does send from it successfully without an error message.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes