Phone very slow since December 2015 update
rmomma

Ever since I downloaded the most recent update my phone has been extremely slow. Just trying to get my camera to open takes 15-20 secs.  Is there a way to find out what's causing this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Phone very slow since December 2015 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A slow phone is never any fun and certainly something I would want to know the answer to.  What model are phone are you currently using?  Do you only have trouble with the camera app or is it other apps as well?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

How much storage space is used? Have you tried to clear the app cache?

0 Likes
rmomma

Thank you for responding. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5. I actually fixed it on my own, I'm not sure what the issue was exactly but it is no longer running slow. To answer your question, the issue was with all the features on the phone not just the camera. It's quite simple but all I did was turn the phone off and take the battery out for 30sec, then put it back in. When I turned the phone back on everything was running like normal. I'm not sure why that worked but I'm happy that it did. Again thank you for responding

Rachel

0 Likes
rmomma

Thanks nicholas_g, I had just the day before added a new SD card and had plenty of unused space and I used a cache cleaner so that shouldn't the problem. I did get it running like normal again by turning the phone off and removing the battery for 30sec. I have NO idea why that worked but as I've said before, I'm happy it did. Thanks again for responding,

Rachel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear it's now up and running properly! If any additional questions arise please let us know.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Somestimes removing the battery (hard reset) cleans things up.

0 Likes