Phone has full/near full bars but no service/internet access
INKINTHEWOODS

Hello.

So I've seen this issue around on the internet before and I've dealt with it myself on a couple of occasions. My phone, a Samsung Galaxy S8+, has four bars, but no 4G connection. It happens at random, usually weeks apart and does not appear to be linked to the location I'm in(my house, work, and favorite bar are in three different towns and I've had this issue in all three). Has a fix been discovered for this, or are these "mobile service brown outs" just a facet of having Verizon Wireless?

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Likes
Re: Phone has full/near full bars but no service/internet access
bearone21
Legend

are you using cdma/lte/gsm?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us with this concern, Inkinthewoods. In order for us to offer efficient assistance, please let us know what troubleshooting steps, if any, you've attempted.

MatthewI_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VonAvernus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I have been having the sam issues between noon and 3pm daily. I have followed all of your trouble shooting steps (check roming, check mobile data, reset defaults ect) to no avail. I have full bars of 4G and almost no data. Is my data being limited during these hours?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, VonAvernus. We are very sorry to hear about the data-related issues you have been experiencing daily from noon to 3:00 PM. We will be more than happy to make sure that we get down to the bottom of this. How long has this been happening for? Can you please describe what is happening that tells you that you're experiencing a data-related issue during these times? Are you able to use calling and text messaging okay? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes