People Edge color options are not working after this nougat update
CHAL52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not a big fan of this recent nougat update. I have the Galaxy S6 edge and now the color options for the people edge notifications doesn't work.  This is the whole reason I purchased this phone! Please help me get this fixed!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: People Edge color options are not working after this nougat update
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes they removed that feature option. There isn't a supported way to roll-back to older software versions, but there are some different ways to contact them depending on preference from their contact page-

Galaxy S | Official Samsung Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You can join many other Galaxy users in requesting Samsung add that feature back in a future software update

0 Likes
CHAL52
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do I do that? and are you saying that this feature was taken away?? Is there anyway to go back to the previous update (marshmallow or whatever??)

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes they removed that feature option. There isn't a supported way to roll-back to older software versions, but there are some different ways to contact them depending on preference from their contact page-

Galaxy S | Official Samsung Support

0 Likes
jbouquet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung support points the finger at Google and Verizon for the loss of features after nougat.  They do not appear to be concerned that they devalued our property or care to address the fact that we paid extra for the features they have disabled.  Without a reasonable response taking ownership of the issue and offering a solution, I suggest a class action suit against Samsung to recover damages.  Anyone else interested?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That's funny how Samsung points the finger at the network carrier for not including the people edge color options in their nougat update. I wonder if they also blame Verizon for that feature being removed from the Galaxy devices on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and other foreign carriers after the update as well. I would have liked to ask them that.

0 Likes
jbouquet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call them. Voice your displeasure.  Let them know that there is a rising chorus of customers who will never buy their equipment again because of this and the way they have responded to the problem.  Let them know that their customer service is non-existent.  I'm going to make it my mission to call them every fee days until I receive a satisfactory response.  I'm really angry.  The other carriers went through this crappy upgrade before Verizon customers were victimized.  I'm sure they are aware of the problem and are trying to avoid another scandal like they had with the note 7.  Maybe a call to a consumer advocate on a tv station?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern with recent changes to your display options. You can contact Samsung to voice your concern. You can reach Samsung online at, http://www.samsung.com/us/support/, and over the phone at, 888-987-4357.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes