Overheating and 'Lagging' Performance on New S4?
zpi56

Just purchased a new S4 about a month ago. I noticed shortly after that it would get extremely hot, both when running 1 app or when not running anything. Has this happened to anyone else? Sometimes get very hot when just charging, but also when unplugged. The most baffling thing is that I will leave it on the table, come back and it would be burning hot to the touch while not running ANY apps (and screen is off). During this times, it seems to load, close and switch between applications slower. I was playing Candy Crush the other day, and the animations were laggy, which I find odd for a new phone.

I'm scared the phone is going to suffer overheating damage, if it hasn't already done so. And I find this weird since I know the S4 should be able to handle some heavier use.. not sure what to think when it's burning up on idle.

Let me know if you have any suggestions - is this a possible defect?

0 Likes
Re: Overheating and 'Lagging' Performance on New S4?
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

It is sounding like a defect. It is a good thing it has a manufacturers warranty on it isn't it? I have the S4 and mine never does this and I go above and beyond running multiple apps and utilizing the S4 to its full potential and it never has this problem. It does however get a little warm when it is charging, but that is obvious. Hope this helps.

Ryan

0 Likes