Outlook receiving my text messages.
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I recently added outlook to my phone. My text messages are also going to my email account. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Outlook receiving my text messages.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

How about this from the link: "For the Samsung Galaxy S8+, click on your email icon, then the triple lines in upper left hand corner, then the settings gear in upper right, then touch your email address at the top, then scroll to bottom & make sure the Sync Messages is not on."

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the sender is sending to your email instead of your phone #.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

That's not the issue. It's every text message, not just a few.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What Messaging application are you using for Texting?  Is it possible there is a setting to forward/copy each text message to an email address?  Or, maybe, Outlook has a setting for receiving all text messages to the phone number associated with the phone.  There is a discussion on syncing SMS messages with Outlook here: sms - How to stop receiving text messages in Outlook - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Using Samsung texting. I can't find any settings on outlook that say anything about text messages. The option to forward to email does not exist on messages.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

How about this from the link: "For the Samsung Galaxy S8+, click on your email icon, then the triple lines in upper left hand corner, then the settings gear in upper right, then touch your email address at the top, then scroll to bottom & make sure the Sync Messages is not on."

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

You are amazing, thanks.

0 Likes