Oreo has broken bluetooth phonebook upload
AJG617
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update to Oreo 8.0, my S7 Edge will no longer upload the contacts into my phonebook on both my Audis.  We tried my son's Note 9 running Pie and the same problem.  We also tried my other son's Apple X and that will not load the phonebook.  However, I can take my old Droid Razr HD running Kit Kat out and the phonebook populates just fine.

Given the new strict hands-free laws effective 1 Jan 2020 in the states that I drive in, I can no longer make an outbound phone call without pulling off the road to access the phone directly.  I have had these cars for years and this phone for two years and never had a problem until Oreo was pushed onto my phone in October.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo has broken bluetooth phonebook upload
Klue
Master - Level 1

From what you described, it sounds like your cars need software updates to match the upgrades of the newer phones you're using.

0 Likes
AJG617
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunaely VW/Audi will not be doing that.  In any case, I reset the s7 and created a one bogus contact and that loaded into the phonebook.  However, when i restored the full contact list, the only contact that showed up in the phonebook on either car was the single bogus contact even though that no longer existed in the phone.  I then reset the phone again and loaded only my backed up contacts into the phone and it would populate in one car but not the other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Are you having any issues contacting the numbers that are not reflecting on your vehicle? Are you able to connect your device to your vehicle via USB? If so, are the same issues occurring? Since both your Samsung and iPhone are experiencing the issue, is does not seem to be a phone software issue, have you contacted the manufacture of your vehicle for assistance or maybe an update? Please clarify. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
AJG617
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was always able to connect to bluetooth on both vehicles, make/receive calls.  Missed calls, dialed numbers, received calls would populate in the vehicles.  Contacts would not transfer.  I finally reflashed the phone with latest VZW Oreo release that Samsung support provided.  That appears to have solved the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to hear that this had corrected the issue for you, AJG617. Please lf us know if the issue persists. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
AJG617
Enthusiast - Level 2

After Patches 31 and 32, busted again.  BUT see below:

Well, maybe this will work for others - solved my problem with Audi MMI2G which would not import contacts from my Galaxy S7 running Oreo, my son's Galaxy Note 9 running Q, and my other son's Iphone X with latest OS - none of which would load contacts into phonebooks on both my Audis.  Tried the below on my S7 and it worked like a charm.  5 months on phone with Verizon, Audi, and Samsung and nobody could figure this out.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/workaround-for-no-phonebook-adressbook-sync-between-phone-and-car...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the follow-up, AJG617. Since I'm able to confirm that you were previously able to resolve the issue, were any changes made to your phone since then? Are you able to provide additional details about the patches that you are referring to? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes