One phone, 2 carriers?
DaveG412
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been searching the net and have talked to some people and can't get a definitive answer on this: can you have one dual sim phone on 2 carriers?

Here's why I ask: I am personally a Verizon customer with a Galaxy, have been (happily) for a long time. However, my employer has provided me with a company AT&T iPhone, so I currently carry 2 phones with me.

Is it possibly to get a dual-sim phone, and have my personal Verizon sim AND my work AT&T sim in the same device? Some have said, unequivocally no, others have said dual-sims must be on the same network, others have said you can do it with an unlocked phone.

I'm not a fan of the iPhone, I love my Droids and am considering buying an S10 5G. BUT, if I can't use the two sims, I may ditch the Verizon/Droid and go only with the work provided phone, as much as I'd dislike it.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: One phone, 2 carriers?
Klue
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaveG412, we understand how important it is to be familiar with your device options and capabilities. At this time, the only devices that support Dual SIM capabilities in our network are the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. Dual SIM-capable phones have a traditional physical SIM and a digital eSIM, making it possible to activate a second phone line on the same phone. The first and second lines do not have to be on the same carrier. Please let us know if this information helps.

LauraF_VZW

DaveG412
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get a hold of Samsung and got the requisite information. The S10+ unlocked and the upcoming Notes will all have dual physical sim capability. I ordered the phone from them (on sale, free Chromebook and $200 trade in for my S7). Am in the process of setting up the new phone now.

0 Likes
DaveG412
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: Samsung product support lied to me and now I have a phone that doesn't do what I was told it would. Sending it back, going to ditch my S7 & Verizon account and use the employer provided AT&T iPhone

Royj1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like confirmation on this your store just told me they can't do one phone 2 carrier's 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want only the best for you! You are able to use the eSIM with a specific carrier and then get a physical SIM from another carrier. I apologize as we should have offer4ed further details based on the fact we are unable to troubleshoot or support the activation of the other carriers' service if something were to not work on their end.-Yale

0 Likes