Observations with VZW GS5 Lollipop OTA Update
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

-> Screen becomes very dim when brightness is set to Auto and ambient light is low. If Power Saving mode is also enabled, the screen goes almost fully dark

-> WiFi connection becomes unstable after some time (Download Booster disabled, WiFi is always on)

-> Menu after Long Press on Power button no longer allows phone to be set in /Sound/Silent/Silent mode

-> Lollipop Material Design has too many white screens. Not good for battery and glaring white light is disturbing when used in dark. Wish Touchwiz had an option to darken the colors until Android offered that option

-> Android 5.0 only .. not Android 5.0.2. Not sure how this affects stability

-> Battery life is slightly lower with similar usage pattern .. may need some time to stabilize

-> No major changes observed in RAM and CPU usage

Please add your observations/issues/remedies to this thread

Re: Observations with VZW GS5 Lollipop OTA Update
lmhufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has become the worst update I have ever experienced. Phone is sluggish, battery life is almost non existent (down 45% in two hours), bluetooth cuts in and out. Just a horrible situation. I called Verizon, they said that they had no issues reported. Yeah, right!!!

0 Likes
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would agree with all your observations. This early in the new OS, I'm not too impressed. I as well like the darker themes/look and feel.  My battery drain issue was fixed by updating my Lookout security app. They admitted to battery drain issues. So my suggestion would be to remain patient while these app producers fix their broken crap!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lmhufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cybergoobr,

How did you update your Lookout? I tried to even uninstall it so that I

could do a fresh install, and it would even let me uninstall it.

Thanks.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Cybergoobr <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes