Re: OTA update available but unsuccessful
darksear
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure. All I can recommend is be patient.

0 Likes
JP_Nelson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Downloaded this morning and installing now...hoping for the best.

0 Likes
charlesh7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried again about 1:30 this morning and it downloaded fine.  Must have been a problem with their servers.

0 Likes
Ayackstar
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have tried everything, and I waited till the 5th of April to download the update through Verizon, for the Marshmallow update on my Samsung S6. I still get the 411 error code, even with having my phone in Safe Mode (a suggestion I found on one of the forums). Still nothing. It does show available, just "failure to download, error 411".

Does anyone have any new information on this issue?  Please respond and let me know. It is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
mttb13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. I fixed it by upgrading using the software upgrade assistant. It worked fine, and Marshmallow looks to be working fine on my phone. I still have no idea what the error code 411 is for, but rumor has it, that it means the over the air upgrade servers are down

0 Likes
darksear
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have it download it overnight, at say 2am, it's waiting for you to

install it when you wake up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the newest software update is exciting. Let me get you the great news! You are now able to download the software update for your device. Just click here for steps:http://vz.to/23laZ6P  Happy updating!
KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes