Nougate Update: Can't leave Google Play Apps & Games Screen without Updates Crashing
Rolfster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ever since the Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge received the Android Nougat update I cannot update any of my apps without physically staying on the Apps & Games page.  If I leave the updates always either crash, or I get a time out notice.  I never received this prior to the Nougat update. 

As far as problem solving, I called Google and they had me uninstall my Google Account and then reinstall it.  That did not work.  Has anyone else had this problem?  It is rather annoying that I can't do anything else while apps are either downloading or updating.

0 Likes
Re: Nougate Update: Can't leave Google Play Apps & Games Screen without Updates Crashing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rolfster, it's commendable that you tried to fix that issue with Google following your software update to Nougat. I regret to learn the steps provided did not work. I definitely want to assist you with being able to use your device while apps are being installed or updated. Please go into Apps>Settings>Storage>Internal Storage>Cached Data>Clear>press okay to confirm in order to wipe the cache partition for your device. Next, go into Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Google Play Services>Storage>Manage Space>Clear All Data. Next while still in the Application Manager choose Google Play Store>Storage>Clear Data. Once all three steps have been completed, power the device off and back on and then retest. Keep us posted with your findings.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Nougate Update: Can't leave Google Play Apps & Games Screen without Updates Crashing
Rolfster
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW Customer Support . . . I tried all of the steps you suggested and nothing improved.  The moment I leave the "My apps & games" page in the downloading process, only the current app that is in the middle of downloading and installing completes.  All the other apps that I told to update always error out and I get the "google play lost connection" push message.  I got to "My apps & games" and I have a grey button and the black words "RETRY" because it said I lost my connection.  As I mentioned this never happened to me until I updated to Nougat.  Suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rolfster, we want to thank you for trying the steps we have provided. I do apologize that the issue is still occurring.  Does this happen on all Wi-fi connections? Were you able to test and leave your apps to update fully while staying on the Google play store page? 

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes