Notifications not showing in AOD
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Long story short, my 1st Galaxy S7 Edge was purchased 2 weeks after launch last year.  Text and call notification icons both show in always on display (AOD) for that phone. This past December I upgraded my son's S7 to and S7 Edge with a deal they had going. This newer phone refuses to show notification icons in the AOD. I've tried Samsung Messages, Verizon Message+ and Textra. Checked every setting possible, turned on and off multiple times, and I still will not see a text envelope or phone icon in my Always On Display. One last note, co-worked of mine got his S7 Edge as a Note replacement, so he got it back in September and has same issue. No notifications. Anyone know of a fix for this?

0 Likes
Re: Notifications not showing in AOD
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you looking in those specific applications' settings or the phone settings?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

I have gone through all my phone settings as well as individual app settings.  Have turned notifications on, off and back on again.  It's weird that in 2 newer phones that these are gone, yet in the older phone they are still there.  No reason as to why they won't show up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how convenient this was. Let's see what may have happened. Does the 2 phones have different software versions?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes