Notifications no longer working after Android 7.0 update
jocask
Enthusiast - Level 1

After upgrading to Android 7.0 my notifications LED is no longer working (with the sole exception of Google Messages.) Among the apps not triggering notifications are Gmail, Google Voice and a variety of third party apps. This is a critical issue for me as these are all used for my business. I've deleted and reinstalled apps, powered the phone off and on, and even performed a factory reset. Still no notifications. I've also had an online chat with VZW support that provided little help. Is this issue being addressed, and when can we expect resolution?

0 Likes
Re: Notifications no longer working after Android 7.0 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jocask,

Thanks for checking in with us on this. We know it's very important to have a functioning LED alert. This issue is currently under investigation per Samsung forums, and we have also engaged Samsung regarding this. You may wish to try backing up your phone and completing a reset to see if this will be corrected, as it is not affecting most devices. You can use the software here to do so: http://bit.ly/29tbqWQ

EricW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes