Notifications Stopped Working
jamala00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the Nougat update, both mine and my wife's S7's have stopped syncing and receiving any notifications other then text messaging. Stock mail app that is hooked to our Yahoo accounts. No more notifications unless you wake up the phone. Not vibrating, not LED indicator. Same with Gmail App. Not Syncing. I can delete email from my phone, it stays on the Gmail Server. I will not get any notifications if I am on Wi-Fi, but every once and a great while I will if on the cell network. This is beyond frustrating. I have talked to a rep. I have cleared Cache partition, checked all the notification settings myself and with a verizion rep, cleared data/cache within the app, uninstalled and reinstalled apps. Still nothing. They say I will have to wait for an over the air update?? Well when is this happening? I pay good money for this phone and for this service and to not have a basic feature like a notification not working??? How does this get out to the masses. It is not just my phone, my wife's is doing the EXACT same thing. I also see on this forum that other people are having the same issues. I want a time frame for a fix or I want to start receiving credit on my bill for every day the phone has been broke since the Nougat release..!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notifications Stopped Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamala00,

We truly understand your frustration surrounding the notifications not working since the software updates. These types of issues are never expected since installation of new software can affect devices in different ways based on the individual environment of the phone. We checked to see if there were any known issues confirmed by Samsung with the notifications after Nougat and found none. That being said, you mentioned that you've already done some great troubleshooting. The next step would be attempting to repair the software using the Software Upgrade Assistant. This link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/ will provide you with details on how this can be done.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamala00,

We truly understand your frustration surrounding the notifications not working since the software updates. These types of issues are never expected since installation of new software can affect devices in different ways based on the individual environment of the phone. We checked to see if there were any known issues confirmed by Samsung with the notifications after Nougat and found none. That being said, you mentioned that you've already done some great troubleshooting. The next step would be attempting to repair the software using the Software Upgrade Assistant. This link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/ will provide you with details on how this can be done.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jamala00
Enthusiast - Level 2

ShawnteJ_VZW

I just spent the last 2 hours downloading and going through the steps of the Software Update Assistant. Had to re-setup my phone from scratch like it was new. The backup it did, didn't even reinstall all my apps.. (Not Happy)

That being said, I am still experiencing the SAME behavior. I am NOT getting notificed of emails coming in to the stock mail program. I do not get email notification for my gmail app. When I delete a Gmail it does not delete it from the server. The LED light is not blinking when getting notification on the stock Email App.

I want someone to call me [Removed] and explain what is going on and when this is going to get fixed. Do not tell me this isn't a known issue. It plasted all over your Verizon forums and the web. I want a resolution to this or I want credit on my bill until this is fixed. I pay good money for this phone and for the Verizon service. This is total [Removed]...!

Jay [Removed]

personal information and inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jamala00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried your suggestion and this did not work either.

jamala00
Enthusiast - Level 2

After some final setup, it does seem that the Software Update Assistant did work. I still had to reset my entire phone as the Assistant didn't successfully restore most of the apps.