Not receiving texts or calls after a certain times
mariosd
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue just recently started for me last week. I am not getting texts or calls after a certain time of the day. In the morning I can get texts from individuals and group texts and then in the afternoon, I get nothing.  Then the next morning, all the texts that were supposed to come to me finally show up. My parents tried calling me and it just rang and I never got the call.  They even came over and called me while standing right by me and I never got the call. Texts are coming in 8 to 10 hours later. I have restarted my phone, removed the SIM card and placed it back in. Still an issue. Anyone else had this same issue? I am using an Samsung S9+ and it is two years told.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts or calls after a certain times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mariosd, I would be just as concerned over not getting calls/text during certain times of the day. I know how important it is to stay connected at all times. Let's get this figured out. 

Do you know around what time you stop receiving calls/texts? Are you able to use your phone normally during these times? (outgoing calls/texts) Do other functions work during these times, (data, apps, etc.)? Also, when your parents called you, did it ring on their end? Go straight to voicemail? 

Please elaborate to better assist you. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts or calls after a certain times
mariosd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello and thanks for getting back to me!

Normally I stop getting calls or text around after 3 PM and after. I can use my phone normally, all other apps work, even ones that are using for messages as well, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger and so on. I can call out but it seems calling in didn't come through. When my parents called me when standing near me at my place, the phone rang like normal and went to VM after the amount of rings to go to it. My phone did not ring at all. I do have a micro cell which I did power cycle. When I do check for texts after not getting any, my phone will suddenly update with all the texts I missed the day before. 

0 Likes