Not receiving text messages from only one person....
WSILCO13

I am unable to receive text messages from one person in particular.  They can receive my text messages and they can call me but I am not receiving their texts.  I have been receiving texts from other people which is what makes this weird.  I even deleted their contact info to see if there was a problem attached to that but I am still not receiving their texts.  I need help getting this corrected????

I have a Samsung S7 version 6.0.1

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages from only one person....
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Verizon Messages?  If so, there are a lot of threads on the forum reporting various issues, such as the one you mention, due to the recent app updates.  There was a third recent update (v.6.4.3) released today, but I've not seen any posts noting whether this update solved the reported issues or not.

0 Likes
WSILCO13

Yes Verizon messaging. My phone is stating that there are no new updates available unless I need to look somewhere else...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update should be available on your phone; you might wait a bit and try again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tikibar1,
Thank you for your helpful information!

WSILCO13,

Help is here to solve your message mystery! I know that I rely on messages more than I do phone calls these days. Thank you for doing some troubleshooting on your own. I’m confident we can get this resolved quickly. Have you been able to make sure the Verizon Messages app is updated in the Google Play store (http://vz.to/2kCCR9f)? Please also try this step: http://vz.to/2lccSlR. This will reset the message app.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another update was released last night:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes