Not receiving text from Social Security Administration.
Ricardo74
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.  I've tried several different text apps to no avail.  I try to log in to the SSA.gov website, and everything goes well until they attempt to text me a verification code.  At that point I am not receiving any confirmation text.  I've tried over the last few days and nothing has worked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text from Social Security Administration.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you are having issues with receiving your messages, and we are here to help. Tell us, when did this issue begin? Were there any changes to the device before this issue started? Have you received text messages from them before?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Ricardo74
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue started yesterday.  I haven't attempted to log into the service in probably 6 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, Ricardo74. Let's keep digging. Do you receive verification texts from other logins? For example, your My Verizon account? Banks also use this feature as well. How are others functioning? Have you reached out to the Social Security Administration for any changes on their end for sending the verification texts? 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
Ricardo74
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get texts from other services.  It's just SSA.gov that seems to be a problem.  Ultimately, I decided to request a different way to verify service.  I've been in a similar situation with a different government entity.  It seems like it's likely a problem on their end, but I have no way of checking it.  Was hoping someone else on the site would have some thoughts on it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, Ricardo74. As consumers, we understand the convience of being able to receive verification codes through texts. In this situation, we would recommend reaching out to support directly to the entity to report these issues. By doing so, the problem will be addressed for you to use this service in the future. How does that sound? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Kschulz0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having the same problem today, after having no trouble receiving my SSA security code less than two weeks ago and signing in then. I've tried three times today, and the text message with the code never shows up. If I try to change to another method (email receipt of the code) that requires a snail mail letter, which will take 5 - 10 days. I also receive text messages from other senders without problems. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes