Not receiving some calls and texts. Happened across several phones
mrsixstrings12

I noticed last week that I am having issues receiving phone calls. My brother tried calling me twice while I was at home and my phone did not ring or anything. I had a similar situation happen at work when 2 different co-workers could not reach me, but my boss's phone call came through to me. Thinking my old phone (galaxy s7) was showing it's age, I switched my number to my wife's old google pixel while I waited for a new phone to come in the mail. With the Google Pixel, I got "send failed" messages when trying to text a co-worker. Now, with my samsung s10+, I did not receive text messages from my wife.

It's obviously not a device issue. I don't believe it to be a signal issue either due to my boss being able to call me when my co-workers could not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving some calls and texts. Happened across several phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrsixstrings12,

Missing out on calls and texts is not the experience we want for you or any of our customers. Let's focus on the S10+ and move forward from there. To begin, when your wife sends a text to you on the new S10+, what message does she receive on her end (Delivered, Sending, Failed, etc.)? Other than the text messages, how are your calls now working for you on the S10+ (inbound and outbound)?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
mrsixstrings12

Her phone displayed that my number was "offline".

The problem has seemed to have cleared itself, though. She is able to text me again and I received some phone calls last night from people that couldn't call me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is good that your calls and messaging are working again. You mentioned this happens intermittently. Is HD Voice (Advanced Calling) enabled? Does the problem occur while you're in a specific location? 

0 Likes
lstene

I have an iPhone 12, and have had this issue for about 8 weeks (originally on an iPhone 8). I don’t receive some calls and messages, and some of my outgoing calls and messages don’t send (although they say sent as a text message on my end). My call log shows a call to my dad Saturday, when we were in the same building on different floors, but his log shows no call from me. My call rang through as normal and ended at his voicemail. From a different location earlier that day, I placed another call, but that person also received no call from me. 

Text messages, not iMessages, are problematic. I may receive 1/8 in a group chat. 

I’ve been working with chat support and representatives on the phone for over a week. This is so frustrating! I’ve erased and reset my brand new phone, reset network settings, reset something with the signal or line, and the “test” text messages I always receive- leaving us to think the issue may be resolved. I’m feeling less and less confident about this being fixed anytime soon, when there isn’t a way to properly diagnose or test. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lstene - we never want you to have issues with texts & calls. The last thing we want is for you to be frustrated. Your ongoing troubleshooting is very much appreciated & we're committed to figuring this out. From what you've described, this happens no matter where you are located. Is this correct? When Wi-Fi is turned off, what type of signal displays on your phone? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes