Not receiving SMS messages from ONE person..
christeeny19

Within the last week, I have switched my number from USCellular to Verizon. Everything went through fine and I have had no issues until today. I have no issues with any of my other contacts but am no longer to communicate vis SMS with one particular contact. I can receive phone calls from him as well as MMS messages, just not SMS messages. He is a USCellular customer with an S3. All of my messages go through to him and phone calls are not an issue either. This is a brand new S4 and I have never had a third party messaging app installed on it.

I have:

• rebooted my phone
  • deleted his contact information including the country code (+1) from his contact information
  • ensured that he is not a blocked contact or that his messages are not in a spam folder
  • factory reset my phone
  • I also called customer service but without a second phone to troubleshoot my phone with, we were unable to make any further progress.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I feel like I've exhausted all of the options I can think of.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving SMS messages from ONE person..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues receiving text messages one specific contact christeeny19. I know this is frustrating. Thanks for performing all the trouble-shooting steps you listed. Are they using a 3rd partying messaging app that may not be compatible with our network or phone. Also ask them how they are sending the messages (Stock app, 3rd party messaging app, online messaging  etc.). We will need to do further trouble-shooting while your off the phone to help get this resolved. You can also stop by a store location to have a physical evaluation. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes