Re: Not receiving IPhone 4s text messages to S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JK2821!

I'm sorry to learn of any continuing issues w/messaging! Thank you for doing what you have done so far when it comes to troubleshooting. Let's try one more step OK? Please send a text message with the word "STOP" to the number 48369. Once you do that successfully, please test the messaging and let me know how it goes.

JK2821

I tried that as well and still have had no success..

0 Likes
Billchuckpete
Enthusiast - Level 1

You guys can text stop, unregistered your products and do a rain dance but the only thing that is going to help is to contact every person you texted with an i phone and request that they start sending messages through sms by completely shutting off their iMessaging.  No big deal.  Update, it has been a month and I jumped through all the hoops mentioned in this thread.  I am still not receiving texts from certain iPhone users. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying all those steps, Billchuckpete. We want to make sure you're getting all your text. If sending STOP to 48369 or unregistering your phone number at http://bit.ly/1cst2SC hasn't corrected Apple's servers to stop recognizing your number as an iMessage capable device, Apple may need to speak with you directly to complete additional steps on their servers. Visit http://www.apple.com/contact to find the best options for reaching Apple.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

Billchuckpete
Enthusiast - Level 1

I seriously doubt apple will aid a Samsung user.

0 Likes
JK2821

I have made all those attempts. The stop message..and contacting apple. Their response was contact verizon

0 Likes
ogdlow
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have contacted Apple 4 times and i have done all of the items that you have done as well.So here is what i concluded

1. I get a new number... Yeah right..

2. Email ever contact,friend,family, and client to follow these instructions if you wish to send me a sms message from your iphone..  ummmmm .. Yeah right. Thats is flat out rude in some cases.

3. Go back to a iphone......... Yeah right.

So there you have it . I am stuck .. Thank Apple for hijacking my phone number.

Now I will call the Better Business Bureau and the FTC to file a complaint.

Unreal...

Billchuckpete
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great post, ogdlow.  six weeks out and still not receiving texts from select iPhone users...

0 Likes
JK2821

Yes a great idea I did that last week - contacted the BBB - we are not the first to file a formal complaint, but the more complaints they get the faster they will act. This has been a known problem from the time that the iphone was released. And apple has done NOTHING to fix the problem. I URGE everyone and anyone who has had this problem to file a complaint with the BBB.

0 Likes
Georgegel
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I switched from iPhone to Samsung 4s, I called apple and had number removed from imessage,  text stop to 48369 (I think that's the number) and all other iPhone users had to go to their settings and turn my number off from imessage.  Then I was receiving their text messages.

0 Likes