Not receiving IPhone 4s text messages to S4
BMU24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my iphone 4s to a Galaxy S4 this past Saturday. I already knew I was going to have an issue with sending and receiving text messages, so I made sure I turned off my IMessage and turned off my phone when I traded in my phone.

One of my friends has a Iphone 4s, she texted me yesterday and it went through but she send she had to deliver it twice because the first time it didn't deliver. She was trying to text me this morning and it's not delivering to me again. Is this a Iphone of S4 problem? Can you help me fix this either way?! HELP!

Also I know other people that have IPhones and I am able to receive their messages. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving IPhone 4s text messages to S4
BMU24
Enthusiast - Level 2

In response to your first message, Yes I am also receiving messages from some iphones, its like off and on. I found this article and have done everything it suggested. Still not working for the one person that presented the issue to me in the first place.

Here is the article, maybe it will help for you.. http://mashable.com/2013/09/16/imessage-problem/

My next step is going into verizon and talking to them, if that doesnt work maybe call apple and if that doesn't work get my phone number changed. Let me know if you get yours to work. This is sooooo frustrating I wish i didnt switch now!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BMU24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind it is happening to other iphone users now..HELP

0 Likes
bbingy50

same here, tho I am getting some messages...but not all!

0 Likes
bbingy50

ok...did what was suggested in the message below about going to apple and unregistered my iphone...it was still listed so hopefully that will help...did you do that too?

0 Likes
BMU24
Enthusiast - Level 2

In response to your first message, Yes I am also receiving messages from some iphones, its like off and on. I found this article and have done everything it suggested. Still not working for the one person that presented the issue to me in the first place.

Here is the article, maybe it will help for you.. http://mashable.com/2013/09/16/imessage-problem/

My next step is going into verizon and talking to them, if that doesnt work maybe call apple and if that doesn't work get my phone number changed. Let me know if you get yours to work. This is sooooo frustrating I wish i didnt switch now!

0 Likes
BMU24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also this might help... http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5538

0 Likes
bbingy50

I called apple customer support this morning, after arguing with the prompts...just keep saying "associate" someone helped me...they were able to turn off my imessage, so hopefully it will work in a couple of hours!! so try that

0 Likes
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter upgraded to an S4 from an iPhone 4S this past Friday with AT&T.  She is also getting this problem which seems to be intermittent.  She gets some messages but not from everyone.  It seems to be limited to people who are trying to communicate with her via other iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for doing all you have done already. If you still have that iPhone, go in to disable iMessages. Keep in mind, if you have other Apple products, you will need to also deactivate iMessage on them. Has this also been done?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sandlin6

I have the same problem. I switched from a Verizon iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy 4S in October. This is what I have done so far:

Visited two Verizon stores who both said "It's an Apple problem, not a Verizon problem." -- very unhelpful Smiley Sad

Searched multiple forums where people are discussing this problem. I've followed every single lead I could find.

Reset my old iPhone 4 to factory settings -- lost ALL data

Changed my Apple id.

Erased my iPhone from the Apple cloud.

Made sure my family and friends with iPhones have my number listed as "mobile" not "iPhone" in their contacts

But I am still unable to get messages from other people's iPhones.

HELP!!!

0 Likes