Re: No voicemail notifications.
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have run out if options, I will go ahead and do it. I will need to wait till I have a couple hours to rebuild the phone and preferences once I destroy it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Just a thought: are you on unlocked firmware or was this purchased from Verizon Wireless?
If it's from Verizon Wireless, then the reset is best.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately,  bought directly from Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would then recommend the factory reset. Let us know if this helps. AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
imjl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Other notifications work fine. I use regular, basic vm. I have not received notifications for a long time now.

phm14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having this problem. It seems the option to display a voicemail notice has been blocked by Verizon. Not sure why, but this should not take hours of valuable personal time to fix. When our contract is up, we'll look at other providers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it is important to receive notifications. It keeps us connected. We don't want to lose you and I am confident we can get this fixed. What is the make and model of your device? Did notifications ever work for you?

0 Likes
PowerJoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Setting up the visual voicemail app fixes the problem no thanks to Verizon's customer service asking if I had my data turned on LOL.  Just to clarify, you need to turn on notifications for voicemails within the voicemail app itself.  There is also a voicemail notification through the phone app which I also have turned on.  So 2 different apps have voicemail notification options.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PowerJoe,

I'm still a big fan of Voicemail and without my notifications, I'd never check them! So, I'd be reaching out as well if I were in your shoes. I'm happy to hear you are up and running now, although it's sad that we weren't as much help as we should have been during the troubleshooting process. We're always available here on our community forum, as well as some excellent community members with fantastic advice on fixing many issues and concerns. As a reference, here is a link to many common questions and answers regarding Voicemail, specifically the Voicemail application (http://spr.ly/6602GwTWO). Let us know how this all works for you and if there are any other questions for us. Take care and enjoy your weekend! 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
zyx
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 9 has this problem. My voicemail was full and I had no idea. Never had this problem years ago with VZW. This must be due to this "Visual Voicemail" premium service interfering in notifications. I sure hope VZW isn't sabotaging VM alerts to force people to use Visual Voicemail.