Re: No voicemail notifications.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Barthman. Were the third party apps you deleted voicemail applications?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I only have the one Voicemail application. I deleted several older applications that I haven't used in awhile, plus a few I used frequently  - Life360, Family Tree, Hello Fresh, and Ancestry DNA

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all these efforts and shared information as we learn more to find a way to the solution, Barthman. Let try a refreshed approach. Please try these steps: 
1.  Go to Settings.  Go to Notifications.  Select "Advanced" in the upper right corner.
2.  Find the voicemail app and select it.
3.  First, make sure "App icon badges" are turned "on". 
4.  You should see the word "Categories".  Underneath that, you should see "General Notifications" and "Voicemails".  These represent the different notification channels within the voicemail app, and you need to make sure you have the settings right in both of them.  So, do the following for both "General Notifications" and "Voicemails".
5.  After selecting each, make sure the toggle is set to "on".   Then, select "Importance" and set it to "High"  Then, under "Advanced", set app icon badges to "on".
It can sound difficult, but follow the above steps; you may see all the different things to set the exact right way to get your voicemail notifications. Please share your results with us so we can help more if this does not resolve the issue. 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for responding. 

Unfortunately there is no "Advanced" in the upper right corner of the Notification tab.

I scrolled down and found the Voicemail app.

The App Icon Badge is turned on.

General Notifications: Alert, Show as Pop up, Sound, Vibrate, and Icon Badge are all enabled. Lock screen indicates - show content. 

Voicemail: Alert, Show as Pop up, Sound, Vibrate, and Icon Badge are all enabled. Lock screen indicates - show content. 

There are no "Importance" or "Advanced" settings.

I had checked all of these settings prior to contacting you folks.

What do you suggest?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, Barthman. I know you mentioned your device being up to date. Did this start to occur after a recent software update? Did the voicemail application recently update? Try clearing the cookies and cache from the phone app and then retest.   JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply, I cleared the cache, reset the data, force stopped it, turned the phone off, waited a minute, turned the phone back on, had a friend call me, and nothing. I don't know when it started, I think in February sometime, I just happened to open my Voicemail and saw a month or so worth of missed messages. I then thought I should check the phone and saw a bunch of missed calls I didn't know about. I know the phone has updated since then, I was hoping it would fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this has been a challenge for some time now, Barthman. Have you tried a factory reset of your phone yet? If not, you'll want to make sure that your phone is backed up and turn off Automatic App Restore. Here's how to turn off Automatic App Restore: http://spr.ly/660110okl

Here's how to factory reset the phone: http://spr.ly/660310okW  If you need help with how to backup the phone, see the "Media" section referenced in that article. Let us know your findings after doing this. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

won't this lose all my setting and I will have to spend a month of Sunday's reloading all the apps that back up does not reload as when I bought the phone and lost more than half of my data when Verizon did the transfer?

0 Likes
Barthman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Besides the problem persists while in Safe Mode when all third party apps are turned. Please do me a favor and actually read the entire thread before responding or am I just wasting my time?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, a factory reset will wipe the device. We recommend backing it up first and any apps that don't come back when you re load the gmail to add them 1 by one back to the device.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes