No voicemail notifications.
Krismc36
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy s10. I am not receiving any voicemail notifications. I have tried everything I've searched on what to do. I am at a complete loss. I had 3 voicemails that I never got a notification for. The only reason I knew I had them was because a friend called and when I called him back, he said he left me one, but never got anything showing that I had any. 

Labels (1)
Re: No voicemail notifications.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Make sure your data is turned on. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/notifications........select those you want notifications from.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krismc36, it is important to receive notifications to ensure you do not miss any important messages. We are here to work toward a resolution. Klue and bearone21 provided some helpful tips. We would like to gather more information. How are other services on the phone working? When did this problem start? Do you use the Visual Voicemail app or do you call *86 to check your messages?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
visor09
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question. Even though I turned on 'call setting> volicemail setting', it hasn't been working at all. Some discussion below back in 2017 said 'block visual voicemail', and 'block premium visual voicemail'. However, my account allows only 'block premium visual voicemail' though. That seems my voicemail setting at verizonwireless end enforce me to have basic visual voicemail option. 

Anyway, I do want to get voicemail notification right away. Please help me!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Getting notified is important, and we are here to assist you. Does this happen with every voicemail from any caller or a specific caller? Also, are you showing any notification at all such as a visual notice on the top of your screen? — Albert

0 Likes
Verble

0 Likes
ChadRhynard

Exact same issue here.  Galaxy s10e. No notification for any incoming voicemail and no visual indication at all. Notification settings seem to be correct. Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChadRhynard,

Being without notifications for your voicemail is certainly inconvenient, and I'd never want you to miss an important voicemail. Let's get this addressed ASAP. Using this link as a guide (http://spr.ly/66091OHcd), what kind of voicemail do you currently use? When did this issue begin (ever since using the device, since software update, etc.)?

Also, to ensure we're on the same page, please check your settings against the instructions here (http://spr.ly/66001OHce), and let us know what difference you see after taking these steps. We'll be standing by to assist further as needed.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
ChadRhynard

Hi Ryan, thanks.  So I wasn't aware there was a visual voicemail option as I was using the regular voicemail function.  I can't be sure when it started until I found out as many do from someone trying to call and told me they left messages.  I had messages clear back to mid-October timeframe.  I don't know if this was the result of a software update or what. 

Regardless, I decided to check out what the visual voicemail was all about and got that set up. It now gives me notifications.  So it looks like my problem was resolved in a roundabout way.  Thanks!

0 Likes