No longer connecting to 4G after programming
serijoolz

I live in mid-MI where 4g coverage is not a problem. As long as I've had this phone (S3), I have had solid 4G connections. Last week, I went to CO and had no issues connecting to 4G. On Saturday, I returned to MI, checked my phone, had a 4G connection, then dialed *228 to program the phone (as I normally do when I travel). As soon as the programming was finished the phone switched to 3G and hasn't been able to get a 4G connection since. I have removed the SIM card, rebooted, put it on airplane mode and even did a factory reset. I have checked other friends with the exact same phone and the same carrier and while sitting next to each other, they have 4g and I have 3g. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'm thinking the SIM card is bad after the program?

0 Likes
Re: No longer connecting to 4G after programming
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't update the PRL on 4G phones by dialing *228, it's handled by the SIM card.  Usually it's updated as needed whenever you reboot the phone.  The SIM card may have become corrupted when *228 was dialed; you may want to get a new one (they are free at your local Corporate Verizon store).

0 Likes