No audio call or text alerts
Boat4fun

I started having this problem a few days after the 4.3 update.  All seemed to work fine (at least after a reboot).  Was on a friend's network with limited cell connection and now my phone is not ringing and I no longer get audio text notifications.  I have tried a reboot as well as a battery pull after power down.  No new apps but I also tried booting in safe mode no luck there either.  Any other ideas other than bringing in to a Verizon store?  And before it is suggested, I did look at my settings and they are fine.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: No audio call or text alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Boat4fun!

Let's figure out why these audio issues are occurring and find a fix for you! I don't want you to miss any calls, messages, or notifications of any kind. First, please remove the battery and the SIM card for about 60 seconds, then reattach, power on, and retest.
Are you having these issues when using a bluetooth headset or a corded headset as well?
Sometimes, a master reset of a device corrects issues after a software update. Please be sure to back up your data before trying this. All the steps are right here:
http://vz.to/176v3fy

Keep me posted, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Boat4fun

Hi!

I did try all of those steps and nothing worked so I called your support line.  They are shipping me a new phone.  Thanks!

Sandy

Personal info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great news, Boat4fun! Thanks for coming back to let us know the status. Enjoy your replacement!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes