No Facebook live
ms_shay0624

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 edge plus, and I do not have Facebook Live.  I'm unable to fully uninstall the app to reinstall it. Is this function blocked? Why can't I get Live?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Facebook live
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mr.shay0624, Facebook live is a pretty cool feature. Regrettably, they have not yet released the Go Live option to everyone at this time. The release is performed in stages so some in an area can get the "Go Live" option while others do not. That is per Facebook's help site as seen here:  https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=1560496764243322

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I enjoy watching Facebook Live streams, ms.shay0624. It's odd that this is not available. Are other functions of Facebook still working? Are you able to manage any of your other installed apps through the Play Store?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ms_shay0624

Yes, I am able to manage my apps through the app store. No, I am not able to uninstall and reinstall the app. I am only able to uninstall the payments. Live is not one of the options.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional informtion provided ms.shay0624. I was able to do a bit more research on Facebook Live. According to Facebook, this feature is not a seperate app. When you are on your Facebook page and tap on "What's on your mind", you have the option to select Live Video from the dropdown menu. If this feature is not available when tapping the "What's on your mind" area, please update your Facebook application.

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

0 Likes
ms_shay0624

I know that Facebook live is not a separate app. When I post a message, go

live is not an option that is available in my FB app. I cannot uninstall

the app as it was preloaded onto my Samsung S6 edge plus. I can only

uninstall the updates and disable the app. for some reason, the updates

that I receive for my Samsung S6 edge plus do not include FB Live within

the app. Whenever the play store notifies me of an update, I update my app,

but Live is still not a part of it. I'm thinking that there is a block

where I cannot utilize all functions of the FB App. It's on the iPhone

version of the app. I have friends with other carriers where live is

present on their app.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mr.shay0624, Facebook live is a pretty cool feature. Regrettably, they have not yet released the Go Live option to everyone at this time. The release is performed in stages so some in an area can get the "Go Live" option while others do not. That is per Facebook's help site as seen here:  https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=1560496764243322

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
ms_shay0624

So does that mean that certain individuals because I know others who have

Verizon who have Live. I also had it before, then an update happened. So I

believe its software related, or there are certain capabilities that are

blocked within my phone that I cannot use. I will figure it out.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help ms.shay0624. Lets get that app working right. Have you tried uninstalling the app following these steps http://vz.to/2aVb6Fw? Also, try signing out of the Facebook app for a few minutes and sign back in. Retest and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
ms_shay0624

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the updates. Still no success. It will not

allow me to uninstall the app. I logged out and logged back into the app.

Still no success.

On Aug 4, 2016 9:11 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes