No 4G
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I've notice the last couple of days that I do not have 4G although I have 3 bars signal showing,  my zip code is 55060.  I've tried to restart the phone to get 4G with no success.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No 4G
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I just discovered that when my WiFi is on the 4G is off.  When I turn off my WiFi the 4G comes on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gbktoledo, we want to ensure your data services are working as they should. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. There are no issues reported in Owatonna, MN. Are you seeing a 1x or 3G where the 4G used to be or nothing at all? When you try and access data are you getting an error message that the network services are not available? Please provide a few more details.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

There is nothing at all, no 4g, 3g or 1g. I use WiFi for all my data so there are more issues there except a low WiFi signal strength even close to the router. I am up to date with all the OTA upgrades. I have not installed any new apps in the last couple of weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gbktoledo, that information will greatly help us. Let’s look more into this together. Are you able to make/receive calls and text? Do you have mobile data turned on? Settings>Data Usage>Turn on mobile data.
ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

Data is turned on and I am able to make calls.

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I just discovered that when my WiFi is on the 4G is off.  When I turn off my WiFi the 4G comes on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, these will help us to help you. Is wifi on? Can you tell us if there are other customers of ours having the same difficulties? At the top of the device, does it show just the bars of signal or does it show 3g,1x oe 4g? Thanks for working with us.
BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I have no idea if anyone else locally is having this problem.  When WiFi is on its have 3 bars signal strength with NO 4g, 3g or 1g showing.  As soon as I turn off the WiFi the 4g lights up and I still have the same signal strength.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gbktoledo, we're not giving up until we get this resolved. When you are off the WiFi, are you able to use the 3G/4G connection? Please put the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/226pUiK and test out the phone out. Let us know if the 4G is there while connected to WiFi.
ZangY_VZW

0 Likes