New update issues
CarolinaRose33

just after the update I started having issues with my Galaxy S3. 1. When it is fully charged it beeps continuously until I unplug it. 2. Sometimes while it's charging the white battery in the top bar has a red x in it (whatever that means). 3. Service is worse than before. And 4. clock is running slow and it seems that the battery is draining faster. It also keeps asking me to re update my google accounts every day. Smiley Sad  yeah it's got some cool new things but I liked it before. Maybe it's time to get an iPhone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New update issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You can't revert to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to see you enjoying that new update and all those other cool new things it has to offer, CarolinaRose33. Since you have quite the list, I do have a few questions that will help me help you.  Do you have any alarm or battery monitor applications installed on your phone? Are you using the original home charger that came with your phone? What's going on with your signal? Are you referring to the clock on the notification bar of the phone or on a different application/widget? When you say it asks to re-update your Google accounts, is it asking you to sign into Gmail daily?

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
CarolinaRose33

I Have my alarm set as it has been for 2 years and no battery monitor. The ones I had gotten before would drain my battery to run.

As far as the charger when I first got the phone I had the original. It died and then every month I would buy a cheap one. I finally called and they determined the battery was bad so I got a new battery and a Verizon charger. That lasted about 5 months and then the charge port on the phone went so I was sent a refurbished phone. Then a few months after that I was having charging issues again so I was sent another replacement charger,battery,and refurbished phone because we couldn't find what the problem was but that seemed to fix it. So in short the charger I have is a verizon charger with a little light at the end if that makes it easier to identify? And the charging problem I have now is the same as the one I had previously but it's just weird that it happened the day after I upgraded the software.

My signal will get stuck and I'll be in a "no service" area where I know I get 4g so I'll have to restart my phone for the signal to change (but that only happens once in a while it's not a large issue). Same with the clock. its like it sticks until I open an app or something so again, not a huge issue. My main issue is the battery.

I Guess I'm just at a loss for what to do. It charges but in the middle of the night it will beep and say it's not charging anymore so I wiggle the chord and then it charges and 15 min later it happens again. All in all in the course of 8 hours I go from 30% to 85% because it will randomly disconnect/reconnect every few minutes. Which is the same problem I was having before. Sorry for the rant but I'm eligible for an upgrade in less than 2 months and I don't want to have to send the phone back in just to get a new one later. I love verizon and I plan on staying because you guys are really helpful and with my insurance I get the parts I need whenever instead of always having to buy a new phone.

So I guess my questions are: is there a way to fix the charging problem, if it is because of the update can I revert back to the old one for the time being? And I love my S3 and was hoping to get the S5 but I don't want to have the same charging issue I've had with this phone. Is it a common issue with the samsung brand or am I just unlucky?

Again sorry for the long post but I appreciate any info you have.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You can't revert to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CarolinaRose33,

Thank you for the wonderful details. I definitely understand how important it is to have a phone with a dependable charge. According to the information you have provided it sounds like there is an issue with the charging port on your device. Do you have another charger to try to use with the device to see if you have the same issues? In regards to reverting back to the previous software, I am sorry as we are not able to move you back to the previous version.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
david912

Please stop leading people in the wrong direction.  There are hundreds of posts in various categories about charging/battery issues since the kitkat upgrade.  Stop making excuses and encouraging people to buy new batteries or chargers.  Just admit the problem with the upgrade and fix it!

0 Likes