Re: New problem with Galaxy S10? (Hotspot.)
Ziggy4

Brand new phones, wife's and mine s10 from best buy.  Hot spot does not work, verification runs and says we need to subscribe for it!  Unlimited data plan says we have hotsopt, but software not letting it run.  Junk out of the box, expensive purchase to not work.

0 Likes
gregoryostrom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally understand your frustration. I came to Verizon after being a Sprint customer for over 13 years. I went through 5 Galaxy S10s and they just wouldn't work on Sprint's network, so I left. I had an issue with the hotspot initially as well and had to rely on Verizon's tech support to resolve the issue. After almost 2 months of getting the run around from Sprint, I was not at all confident my problem would be resolved with the hotspot, but it was. It took a couple days, because the nature of the problem, but Verizon came through with flying colors. They bent over backwards to get the problem fixed, they did what they said and I was amazed. I wish I would have switched to Verizon years ago, I'd forgotten how wonderful it was to have reliable service and customer support that seems to care. I really hope they got your problem fixed for you. I decided to wait the few days they asked me to wait and sure enough, problem solved. Haven't had a single issue since.

0 Likes
Bsucrese

I am having an issue with my mobile hotspot as well. Just giving me a connection arror. I have the s10 5g. Any info would be good

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be happy to look into this! Does this error occur when you connect to other devices, or does this only with one device? How long have you been experiencing this? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Troy2DC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this very same problem.  Spent 4 hours in the store on the phone with tech support and they were unable to resolve the issue.  Escalated it to their top tier and indicated that they would fix the problem.  Issue still not fix but they sent a message indicating it had been fixed.  The problem they reference in the message was not one I was having.  Due to the lack of resolution and the need for internet access I purchased a JetPack and service to obtain immediate connection.  It has now been almost a month and I am still not able to use the phone hotspot option.   I find this so unacceptable in service.  I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years I guess if they can't fix the issue it is time to start looking at other providers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Troy2DC, we're concerned to learn that you're been dealing with this issue for almost a month, and we'd love to help. We truly appreciate your loyalty and would hate to lose you as a customer. Exactly what happens when you try to use your mobile hotspot? What are your nearest cross streets, city, and state? How is the mobile data on your phone working?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Mgilbert408

I had the exact same experirnce as you. I tried to get the tier 1 support to simply pass me up to tier 2 and they refused and had me wasting 2+ days with every other possible solution before they would escalate the problem to tier 2. From the beginning I told them about my beloef that the issue was with the phone not automatically provisioning the hotspot. They would say its a possibility but need to try a few things first. At the end, the tier one guy took controll of my phone remotely and while I had informed him I did not want to do a factory reset and have to reconfigure the phone for hours, he went ahead and did the reset. I was very angry and called back after I got the phone able to call and was finally passed up to tier 2. They knew what I was asking about, did the manual provisioning and within about 6 hours it was working. If they would have listened to me, even if manual provisioning did not fix the issue, what harm would it have caused? If I was simply stating that my hotspot is not working and I just want help, then going through all the earlier steps would be expected (maybe). Others reading this...try to get to the tier 2 help first. It might save you hours of your life.

0 Likes
Juliana4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had that problem too and it was resolved when I called Verizon tier 2. I could not connect to the life of me, but after I called them and the technician had to enable my hotspot. It's like a manual provision for the hotspot, and that solved my problem since my plan allows me to hotspot.

Okay so in this case you will have to contact our Tier 2 department to have them look further into this issue. 866-271-7730 Choose option 1 for English, enter phone number, Option 2 for Tier 2

0 Likes
Juliana4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had that problem too and it was resolved when I called Verizon tier 2. I could not connect to the life of me, but after I called them and the technician had to enable my hotspot. It's like a manual provision for the hotspot, and that solved my problem since my plan allows me to hotspot.

Okay so in this case you will have to contact our Tier 2 department to have them look further into this issue. 866-271-7730 Choose option 1 for English, enter phone number, Option 2 for Tier 2

0 Likes
Colby3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what I'm sick of. Everytime I call they want to do a factory reset. They waste my time and tell me problems will be fixed, which they aren't, and then when I call back in I have to start the process all over again.

Even had a tech say they were sending me a replacement phone only to find out two weeks later there was no record of our two hour interaction or any order placed for a phone. Wasted another 2 hours just for them to retry everything again and then finally reprocess me for a replacement.

Verizon should start the process of elimination at their end and then work towards what is the most inconvenient for the customer. Any idea how many times a factory reset has solved one of my problems? Never. It's kind of sad that they view the time of their call center employees more valuable than that of their customers.

Oh and if anyone's still reading, don't use their live chat because it's a step below tier 1 support. When they cant solve your issue and tell you to call in for tier 2 you dont get fast tracked to the front of the line for wasting your time, you get tier 1  demanding that you start the process over before they will advance you to tier 2. What a waste.

Tl;dr

Verizon tech support is garbage.

0 Likes