New Update Problems
AlexiK25

Updated my S3 yesterday and quite frankly I think it is awful. My phone has become laggy. Trying to use the keyboard when sending a text is a pain. It used to switch misspelled words to the correct words, now it just shows the new word instead of fixing it. Any way to fix that? When trying to type fast it just skips over so many words and there is such a delay it makes it hard to text. Also, I dont get notifications anymore for text messages or missed called on the lock screen in the bubble. Anyone else have that problem?

Also, when I play a song with the "Play Music" app if I back out of the song playing and go back to the playlist I am in, I am not able to click on that song currently playing without it starting from the beginning again. Anyone else notice that or have this problem?

0 Likes
New Update Problems
itsgigglegirl

I'm having the same issue with the auto correct on text messages/email.  My sister has the same phone and is having the same problem.  I downloaded a trial of SwiftKey for free for a month.  Hoping VZW will send out a patch to fix the issue since it seems pretty widespread.  Shouldn't have to pay a 3rd party for a feature that the phone ought to come with IMO.

0 Likes
Re: New Update Problems
mstrout31

Free Perfect Keyboard works really good to and you don't have to use the Pro version unless you want to.

0 Likes
jferd

I registered to ask about the exact same issue. Given how long Verizon's been waiting to release this new Android update, it's bizarre such an immediately obvious and basic (i.e., you type CONSTANTLY on a smart phone!) problem would slip through that really changes the typing experience. Pretty unhappy. Is this a problem for any other carriers' Galaxy SIII versions--I don't know if this is a Verizon only issue or is a problem across the update.

0 Likes
jferd

I am currently using the SwiftKey 3 Trial and it's working really well so far... one month free--hopefully this issue will be resolved in a month or else I guess SwiftKey just got itself a new customer...

0 Likes