New Update Out..MF1...Seems OK
johnsandiego
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just installed the new update and did some testing. Seems OK. I deleted the Caller ID app it installed. To remove it you have to click on it and then select remove app in one of the bars on the intro screen. The 4G works good and the receiver is good even with no bars showing. Text messages arrive normally and the phone makes calls as usual. First impression tonight...OK!!!

0 Likes
Re: New Update Out..MF1...Seems OK
JENKS_77

What was this update even for when I go to the verizon site it says coming soon for a update, are we getting another one? i cant keep up.

0 Likes
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found a new button. This one called Accessories. When trying to drop it into the trash can, nope still there. I was planning on rooting next week when my warranty ends. Then decided not to because my phone now works at my desk again. Very aggravating at the thought of having to move offices because my work phone no longer works at my desk. BUT it's working again yeah. Now might root anyway because of the constant shovelware. If you read the PDF of the new features, it does not say they were hard coding a shortcut to Verizon sales page. Who owns my phone me or Verizon?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Failed for me...improved a little bit and anything that requires a data connection finally loads (after some lag and stalling) without Wi-Fi but the top speeds I've recorded were 3mb down and 5mb up...about a third of what it once was. Indoors, I don't not even hit 1mb down.

Now I have the fortunate pleasure of sending back my month old phone for a used phone someone else sent back because it didn't work. Here's to another two years of terrible service. Thanks a pantload Verizon 🙂

0 Likes
mineshaft82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well before the VRBMF1 update came i called verizon and they sent me a replacment refurbished phone......the day after i received it the MF1 update came on my original phone so I updated it.........after 2 days of playing with it.....it seems a little better but the 4g is still spotty definitally not as good as it used to be...I THINK.....i dont know .......so should i keep my original phone or used the refurbished.......I dont want to switch phones and then the refurbished phone ends up having the same update/version as my original phone......

0 Likes