New Software Update Issues
Angry1038
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the new update my phone will not vibrate when I receive text messages. I am using the Verizon messaging app. My phone will also not vibrate for my alarm.

Re: New Software Update Issues
BHC374
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the update 2 days ago, then the vibration failed to work. I went to the verizon wireless store they failed to fix it nor knew what the problem was, they ordered me a new phone, problem I have my S6 is just two weeks old, the new phone is refurbished. I did call verizon wireless tech support they helped me to get my phone working,  but this morning my phone's vibration isn't working again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not an expected side effect of your recent update, Angry1038.I know that's an important feature. After the update, have you had a chance to restart your phone? Do you have any vibrate feedback turned on for keypad touches as well?

Please also check Settings>Sound and notifications>Sound Mode> and verify that it is set to Vibrate. While in Sound and notification, please try going into Messages Notifications as well and toggle the Vibrate option off and on.

JenniferHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing when your messages are arriving is crucial to staying on top of them, BHC374. We're on the case. What messaging app are you using? Does this happen with other messaging apps as well? Does it affect any other app notifications?

LynnE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes