Re: Network locked Paid Off Phone
Oxide1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue I'm in Korea with the same problem.... please tell me if you find a fix I will never buy a verizon phone again

koustubh2106
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Oxide1, they have finally resolved my problem. Please reach out to FCC and file a case with them. The executive from Verizon will reach out to you.

The solution of this issue is that your number get added back to the same Verizon account. They will again unlock it on their system. In case you’re out of country, they will add travel pass for the day so that you get the messages. Once they have unlocked, you can try using another carrier.

All these charges will be credited back to the amount owner. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your phone status is vital, especially if you are looking to unlock it. The last thing we want is for you to never buy a Verizon phone again. Where did you purchase it? How long have you had it? What is the device make/model?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
mcdeezy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar issue where I've had my Pixel 4 active on Verizon since I got it when it came out in October of 2019. I've paid the device off and would like to use it on a different carrier. I've tried using active Sims from T-Mobile, AT&T, and Google Fi. All of them prompted a message on my phone that I had an incompatible sim and to contact Verizon. They keep telling me it's unlocked (when it obviously isn't). How do I reach out to the FCC to get them to unlock my phone? 

mama23dogs
Legend

@mcdeezy wrote:

I am having a similar issue where I've had my Pixel 4 active on Verizon since I got it when it came out in October of 2019. I've paid the device off and would like to use it on a different carrier. I've tried using active Sims from T-Mobile, AT&T, and Google Fi. All of them prompted a message on my phone that I had an incompatible sim and to contact Verizon. They keep telling me it's unlocked (when it obviously isn't). How do I reach out to the FCC to get them to unlock my phone? 

You can file a regular FCC complaint online.  Takes 2 minutes.  Verizon has 30 days to respond. Normally they would respond in a couple of business days. Under current circumstances it might take them an extra few

0 Likes
omar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is still an issue for people.  I have a Verizon S10+ and I'm not able to use it on another network like t-mobile because it says "sorry your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now".   I called Verizon customer care and they said the device is unlocked.  I've had it active on verizon for 10 months, and my billing is on autopay and always current. Honestly, I've had nothing but bad luck with verizon that's why I want to switch to someone else.  They have these micro towers all over my neighborhood and no one of them works.  When I call to tell them about it all they do is tell me to restart my phone and if I'm getting any phone errors.    That's not the problem...the problem is 1 bar of service that randomly disconnects calls....when I'm 500 feet from a tower.  that's what makes no sense.