Needed vs. Unneeded Accessories
TalkTextBrowse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon in a couple weeks when I become eligible for an upgrade. Current phone is Motorola Droid X.

What accessories should I get? Anything you consider a "must have"?

What accessories are not needed, but will possibly be promoted when I get the phone? In other words, you got the accessory and it doesn't work well or at all or you never use after purchase.

I will probably want some type of arm band to take to the gym.

0 Likes
Re: Needed vs. Unneeded Accessories
bearone21
Legend

the only item i added was a otterbox defender case.

don't need screen protectors, screen is gorilla glass.

it comes with a usb 3.0 connector.

0 Likes
TalkTextBrowse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bear, thanks for kind reply.

On another board someone suggested screen protectors so I guess they are just super-cautious? Do you or others have any more thoughts on that?

Is the Defender case so wide that it is hard or impossible to fit into arm band holders?

Also, I have a car phone holder that fits into my console cup holder. I'm thinking that my current car phone holder is unlikely to open wide enough to accommodate the Defender.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

bearone21 wrote:

the only item i added was a otterbox defender case.

don't need screen protectors, screen is gorilla glass.

TalkTextBrowse wrote:

On another board someone suggested screen protectors so I guess they are just super-cautious? Do you or others have any more thoughts on that?

Yes, my thoughts are that what is needed/unneeded is a personal opinion. What SOME people think is needed is not necessarily the same as what other people think is needed. YOUR opinions may end up being different than either of the opinions already shown above.

I don't use cases as I think they add "unneeded" bulk to the phone. I DO however use screen protectors. This is an example of how what I think is needed is different than bearone21's views.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Now I don't use screen protectors but use the band protector type on my iphones. I also don't carry my device in my pockets. I use a belt case.

Good Luck

0 Likes