Re: NG6 Update is Very Unstable
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jberry003 wrote:

stef7 Thanks for the link, but when I click it, I get

UNAUTHORIZED:

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

cc: Kathleen

Mentioning a former administrator for the community that hasn't been with the community for over four years isn't going to help either. That message just means that someone reported the post to the Moderators for review of the Terms of Service here. If it is okay, then it will be returned to the community. If not, then there was a reason it was pulled.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
habarakoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can't they just make the update process more versatile where we can choose to not update ever? That little screen popped up just before hitting send on a text and started an update that i have avoided everyday for a whole month!  All they have to have is a "don't remind me again" button and the wouldn't be so many annoyed people out there.

zombieNinja
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because there are security holes that they want to fill to try to keep

people from rooting their phones and other network performance and personal

monitoring they want to do....but most of these point releases back fire on

the end customer.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM, habarakoo <forums@verizonwireless.com>

digital47
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would you even buy a Samsung product. It may be Verizon and it may be Samsung. Neither is doing anything about it. I am having the same problem. My 7th Android device and only the EVO ever worked for the 2 years. I am about ready to try in iphone since there are no more options. Well the new Nexus and I don't even know if Verizon will carry it.

kb1997

I just got the droid turbo and wish I had such with the iPhone

0 Likes
techPam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was restarting constantly too until I saw this workaround: NG6 update has been hell on earth

hereisjeremy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sprint Half Price Event

here is the link for the sprint sale im going to hit up if someone from verizon does not fix my constant rebooting problem on ng6. either put me on a different phone or correct this horrible software here. Why is it only the sch models of the s4 that are having such issues? I have read that it is caused by interfering with the Samsung Knox counter. The software they put on to tell if someone has rooted the phone.  Verizon Wireless Customer Support have someone contact me ASAP or I will opt out and let sprint or tmobile buy me out.

0 Likes
habarakoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me! Thank you so much for sharing!

You can turn all apps back  on the off again and it will be okay

0 Likes
DaGimp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, yay. They "Fixed' the issue with another update (KOT49H.I545VRUFNK1). They say this update "will improve the performance of your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone" and that the VPN connectivity issue and the intermittent power cycle problem have been addressed.

It only took them 6 weeks. Yeah. I'm not updating anything. I'm not buying what they're selling. I've wasted enough time with their garbage updates, including 6 hours of a complete wipe and restore of my phone.  Tech support? Useless. Nice job VZW... The only reason why I'm staying with you for the moment is because in the wireless market, you're the equivalent to the smart kid in the dumb class. But you know what? Eventually, you'll p*** me off so much, I'll switch over to a different provider. At least then I'll know I'll be spending less money for the same incompetence...

0 Likes
work-phone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just installed NK1 and it fixed the random rebooting I had with NG6 without doing a factory data resetSmiley Happy