Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,910 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
NFL Mobile or Yahoo Sports will not install
cbke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung S4 and have been on the Unlimited Plan for about 2 years.

I used the preinstalled NFL Mobile last year and it ran fine.  This year when I tried to run it I get a "Sorry registration failed"

I went to app manager and cleared both the data and cache on NFL Mobile and disabled it.

I went to Play Store and tried to download the latest version of NFL.  I get "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

I tried to load Yahoo Sports with the same result.

I can't use the preinstalled version or get either new app.  How can I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NFL Mobile or Yahoo Sports will not install
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application requires Android 5.1 or higher. Your phone has 5.0.1. You either need to upgrade your phone or reach out to the developer to ask them to write the application to work on older devices.

Screenshot_20180922-130919.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern with not being able to add either app to your device. Let's look into this together. What software version does your phone currently use? Do you know if it is currently up to date? Here is a link with the steps to check. http://spr.ly/6588DFPuE

Derek_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cbke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have the latest software, Android version 5.0.1 and software I545 VRSGPL1, a system update says I have the latest.  I have been trying various things without success.  Here are a few that did not work:

1. enabled the preinstalled app for NFL Mobile and it would not register so will not run

2. disabled the NFL app, after clearing both the data and cache, went to Play Store and tried to install NFL Mobile app, (also tried the Yahoo Sports app), and every time it comes up  "application incompatible with your device"

3. went to My Verizon and for my device, the Samsung S4 phone it showed that the NFL Mobile app was available free for that device, used the link that was texted to me, tried several times with the preinstalled app disabled, once it showed a menu of devices available, my phone was in the list but greyed out, every time it comes up "application incompatible....",

4. did the same thing as 3 above with the app enabled and it comes up app already installed, but of course is not registered so will not run

5.  I have tried the same things above with the Yahoo Sports app and get the same "application not compatible..."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application might require a newer version of the OS than what you have on your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how frustrating that must be. Are the apps up to date? They may just need to be updated to function on your devices OS. 

0 Likes
cbke
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is my problem.  i am sure the preinstalled NFL mobile app is not up to date, but because it will not register I am unable to update it.  If I try to install the latest app, either the NFL Mobile or Yahoo Sports, using the methods I showed above, they will not install because of "incompatible with my device".

I checked and have the latest OS for my phone so that isn't the problem.

The NFL Mobile app worked fine  during the football season last year until early this year and only quit working when I tried it a few weeks ago.  I suspect I have been "locked out"  by something Verizon did when they offered these new apps to everyone and I wasn't grandfathered in for some reason.  I have contacted both NFL Mobile customer service and followed their recommendations which did not work.  Yahoo Sports, a Verizon affiliate never answered.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application requires Android 5.1 or higher. Your phone has 5.0.1. You either need to upgrade your phone or reach out to the developer to ask them to write the application to work on older devices.

Screenshot_20180922-130919.png

0 Likes
cbke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your info.  It looks like you are correct and that my phone, even with the latest updates, does not have an OS that will run the apps.  Very disappointing that I have to buy a new expensive phone to replace one that is working perfectly to run apps Verizon promotes with their service,  especially when one of the apps ran fine for several years and now is only available for newer phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cbke wrote:

Thank you for your info. It looks like you are correct and that my phone, even with the latest updates, does not have an OS that will run the apps. Very disappointing that I have to buy a new expensive phone to replace one that is working perfectly to run apps Verizon promotes with their service, especially when one of the apps ran fine for several years and now is only available for newer phones.

FYI I suspected that the problem two days before I posted the screenshot. Re: NFL Mobile or Yahoo Sports will not install

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Time for a phone that is newer than 5 years old

0 Likes