My phone isn't really charging anymore.
Josh_Showalter

As of three days ago my phone started giving me an error saying "Please connect to original charger," when I am using the charger that the phone came with. At first, I decided to dig up some other phone charger that I had laying around and I tried to use them but I still got the same error. The phone still charges but every 1-5 minutes it will say "Please connect to original charger," "Please connect to original charger because this one may do damage to you phone," and "Please connect to charger because it will charge faster." I looked into the charging port and I don't see any obvious damage and I even sprayed some canned air in there just to possibly get any dust or crap out of there. What is really weird is that I was using it perfectly four days ago and there hasn't been any additional damage to the phone. The only damage that the phone has is a cracked screen. The phone does still charge but it has taken me one and a half days to get to 100%. I tried taking it to the Verizon store yesterday and they just kind of tried to ignore my entire story and shove offers down my throat. I was very dissatisfied with that. However what they did tell me that in order to get a new phone, I would need to pay $200 and send it back to Verizon via mail. I told them that I even have insurance yet I guess that doesn't really matter. I really don't want to spend $200 on a new phone just because of a charger issue. Is there any way that I can just fix the phone or disable some option in my settings? Any help is appreciated! Thanks! By the way I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 (not mini.)

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone isn't really charging anymore.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Plug in a different S4 , If the error message comes up again it's probably the charger that not good.  If the error does not come up then if could be your battery. Try changing the battery, that would be cheaper than sending it in for repair. Batteries are only good for so many charges then they go bad.

0 Likes
Re: My phone isn't really charging anymore.
hipster63

try removing the battery and blow air from the back of the phone out through the charging port.Doing that worked on mine.

0 Likes