My phone is showing incorrect caller id and mixing up contacts. What can be done to fix?
rschopp

my phone is mixing up caller ids and contacts. Showing incorect numbers and ids. would a reset and restore(backup) fix this?

0 Likes
Re: My phone is showing incorrect caller id and mixing up contacts. What can be done to fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there rschopp. You have reached the right place. When you say the caller ID is showing incorrect. Are saying the name people see when you call them is not yours? Also please elaborate more on the contacts mixing up. Are they not in alphabetical order?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: My phone is showing incorrect caller id and mixing up contacts. What can be done to fix?
mprince248
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. Names are attached to wrong contact information. This isn't happening to all of my contacts, just some.

@I have an LG G4 and it just started happening last night, 3/1/16. My contacts are getting backed up to the Verizon cloud if that makes a difference.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mprince248, I am sure this can be unsettling having the names mixed in your contact list. When did this begin? Has the phone’s software or the cloud app update recently? What phone do you have?

AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WeWorkNC

I am having the same issue. How do we fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WeWorkNC,

You can count on us to help you get your contacts in order. When did this start? Have you recently made any changes to your phone? Provide additional details to help.

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes
Sulande

Same thing is going on with MY LG G4.

It's moving phone numbers to the wrong contact names.  I get incoming texts and calls, and the phone says they are from the wrong contact....I checked, and they have in fact been moved.  In some cases the original/correct contact is  gone.  I'm also making calls to contacts, and reaching the wrong person because the numbers are moved...I noticed this about a week ago, and thought it was an error on my part.  Happened again today.  About a month ago I found a strange number under a business contact, but thought it was just an additional number for them that I seldom used. Please help before everything is mixed up.

0 Likes
bgreen53

I have a Galaxy S5 with the Marshmallow upgrade.  After the upgrade, several of my contact's info was mixed up - random contact info merged together for unrelated contacts.  Entries had as many as four Verizon Cloud icons showing linked contacts.  Using the Unlink didn't help.  So I disabled the Verizon Cloud program, unlinked the few that were corrupted, and the problem went away!  I don't use the Verizon Cloud storage anyway.  Everything is backed up to Google Account - especially the contacts.

Verizon was no help.   Maybe they will read this and repair their Cloud app??

0 Likes
MEGBAU73

I have a Note 4.... but I notice that MULTIPLE people either had or are having the same issue......the cloud is backing up our contacts, but screwing them all up. Some of mine are TOTALLY wonky now. I will click on a name in contacts to send a text to...and when it comes up in my text messages.... it is a totally different person than the one who I chose in contacts. When I look at the cloud contact info through the Verizon APP..... it shows multiple incorrect #'s for people who only have one #....but it wont allow me to edit or delete through the Verizon APP. You can only edit or delete contacts through the Verizon WEBSITE. But when I pull up the contact in the cloud through the website....it only shows the CORRECT #. So I can't edit or delete the wonky/incorrect info that shows up in the cloud through the app. THIS. IS. LAME.

Why can't Verizon FIX THIS???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MEGBAU73,

I know how important it is to have your contacts listed correctly! Let's work together to get this fixed. To begin, please log on to My Verizon on the website, and check the Trash. It is likely that your deleted contacts are in the trash, and this may be why it is listed on the app, but not the website. Clear the trash, power your phone off and back on, and check the Cloud app again. Let us know if this resolves it! http://spr.ly/658183T3F

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes