My phone is losing connection to both the phone and data networks
esimonVT

Over the past month or so I've had issues with the phone connection to either the phone or data networks.  This has happened a handful of times either the phone cannot find service in an area where I usually use the phone and get good reception or cannot access anything over the 4G network even though my phone says I'm on 4G and have a strong connection.  In both cases, restarting the device fixes the problem but this is happening way too frequently.  I have been able to consult with other nearby VZW users who confirm they are not having issues so I'm confident the problem with my device.  The problem recurs even after restarting the device and re-seating the SIM card.  I'm to the point of doing a factory reset as nothing else seems to work.

What other suggestions are there for fixing this?  Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: My phone is losing connection to both the phone and data networks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello esimonVT!

I appreciate all the efforts you've made to resolve this! I know how important it is to maintain a consistent connection with the network. What make & model device do you have? When did this begin? Before trying a reset, you could first put the phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue occurs then as well. If it does not, there may be a problem with an app installed on your device. http://spr.ly/6583BuZFS

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
esimonVT

Thank you Michelle for the safe mode suggestion.  I will try that and see if things improve.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545).  The first time this happened was about 3 weeks ago and while intermittent, it happened twice today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will find a permanent solution to this esimonVT. This should not be happening, no known issues have been reported. Please try safe mode and keep us updated.
JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Agigarcia

I have an Iphone 6 an since yesturday its gone from LTE to 3G an its very slow

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to speed things up for you,Agigarcia.
What  area are you in? Have things improved since last night? Are calls and texts also affected.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Agigarcia

Im in Lindsay California area code 93247. Me an my husband have an Iphone 6

an his is working just fine but mine continues to be on 3G instead of LTE

an have trouble with my internet connection. Ive tried turning it off an

still the same.

On Saturday, November 14, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Agigarcia, we want you to have the fastest service possible where you are at. Since this issue started, have you made sure that LTE is enabled on your phone? Here is a link on how to do that http://vz.to/1PIRcIT 
StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Agigarcia

Yes an it continues to be on 3Gjust noticed my husbands iphone is the same

On Sunday, November 15, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Agigarcia, we want both your phones to have our 4G service on them. When did this start happening? Is this happening just when inside or do you not get 4G when outside as well?
StevenG_VZW

0 Likes