My newly purchased S5 shows 3G regardless of locations instead of 4G. Do I need to worry?
TO55

I expected better net service by changing net service and upgrading phone to S5, but no change.  Any explanation?

0 Likes
Re: My newly purchased S5 shows 3G regardless of locations instead of 4G.  Do I need to worry?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You may or may not. It would be very unusual to say that you were not in any area that has 4G service and therefore no 4G. However I feel your problem may be resolved by resetting your current sim card or just replacing it. First try resetting your card and if no improvement in the 4G, simply go to a local Verizon Corp store and get a new card for free. While their you can check out your signal.

Re: My newly purchased S5 shows 3G regardless of locations instead of 4G.  Do I need to worry?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you are enjoying your service, TO55. Are you aware if others in the area are able to connect to 4G? What is your zip code? Have you been able to refresh your network, as GalaxyClass suggested, by removing/reinserting the SIM?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes